Finding love is a lot like finding a job. It might not seem that way but it really is. If you’re a woman in your 30s, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that at least once in your adult life, you’ve searched for and found a job. Of course, I know not every single woman in her 30s has had a job before but I’m pretty sure a large percentage of the demographic has. So, if you’ve ever held down a job and are now looking for love, you have it in you to find your perfect partner.
Many of the skills, tips and things you would do to find a job are similar to those required for finding love. Think about it. What do you need to do to find a job?
- Tell friends and family that you’re looking for a job.
- Rejuvenate your resume.
- Keep your eyes peeled online and in newspapers for vacancies you might be interested in.
- Do things like learn a skill or take a course to keep busy and make you more attractive to potential employers.
- Go for interviews.
- Keep your morale up.
You do all these things and what happens? Eventually, you get a job. You do almost the same things when looking for a life partner. For example, when looking for love, you should probably:
- Tell friends and family that you’re looking for a life partner (and tell them the kind of person you’re looking for).
- Spruce up your wardrobe, if you can, and clean up your personality and reputation if needed.
- Keep your eyes peeled online for dates you might be interested in. What? Everyone tries online dating these days. You should too.
- Take up a hobby or go on a course to make yourself more attractive…to yourself! When you start a hobby or a course you’re interested in, you’re bound to be happier and like yourself more which will make you more attractive to potential dates. If nothing else, it will give you more things to talk about when you go on dates.
- Go on dates. By the time you get to your 30s, you should be more selective about the dates you go on but don’t go to the other extreme and refuse to go on any. Dating can be tedious especially when you’re no longer in your 20s but you never know. The next one just might be fun.
- Keep your morale up. You need to find a way to keep your self-esteem high even after the most disastrous of relationships.
As with job-hunting, when looking for love, you never know when the right person for you will turn up but if you put effort into the search and find a way to keep your sense of humour, eventually, you’ll meet the right person for you.
For tips on how to meet your perfect partner, get my new book, 7 Steps to Meeting the One. 7 Steps to Meeting the One is a short e-book that serves as a step-by-step guide on how to find the perfect partner for you. I found the ideal man for me following these steps and I believe you can too. You’ve got nothing to lose so try the book today. To buy 7 Steps to Meeting the One, click here.